Military tour to Intercontinental Ballistic Missile base of ICBM silo launcher Pervomaisk was located in the territory of Odessa, Mykolaiv and Kirovograd oblast (district), in the area of 3200 ha with permanent disposition in Pervomaisk in Mykolaiv region.
ICBM base consisted of 9 groups of launching facilities equipped with intercontinental ballistic missiles: RS-18 – 40 pcs.,RS-22 46 pcs. In the housing estate there were 22 military units and subunits located; Barracks – 6 buildings for 2966 persons; Dining rooms – 2 per 1500 seats; Training corps – 2 insisting of 57 classrooms; Vehicle fleet – 79 buildings for 160 units of equipment; Warehouse facilities – 9 warehouses for 102 carriages. Support object. At this object there was a complex of special constructions and buildings located, where special movable aggregates and machinery designed to keep launch silo and command points readiness for action, to carry out different kind of maintenance, corrective action of missile munitions. Combat alert duty – basic activity of the ISBM Base staff. To carry on the combat alert duty there were duty shifts posted, which fulfilled monitory and control tasks with missile munitions at control posts, which were equipped with facilities of combat control and communications, with technical and technological systems. Solitary helicopter squadron (air-transport subdivision) was earmarked for support and restoration of army troops to combat affectively, for anti-sabotage and reconnaissance actions of enemy groups, for different kind of aerial reconnaissance, for casualty air evacuation, for solution of transport task in execution of emergency rehabilitation and search-and-rescue work, for transfer of military staff and supplies.
Since 1993 till 2001 in accordance with Complex Phase down and Liquidation programs of Missile complexes ICBM RS-18, RS-22 based on ICBM Pervomaisk liquidation works on launching silos, command posts and infrastructure of the base were held. Since 2002 it’s a museum.
The high light of the trip is being a descent 33 meters down to the bottom of the Unified Launch Control Center:
– Take an underground corridor to the massive doors which lead to a self-contained silo-based 12-storey Command Post which could function sealed from the outside world for 45 days.
– Sit in the Command seat and experience what Soviet officers could feel during the Cold War and being in charge of nine missiles SS-22. You can touch the button that could cause a catastrophe if pressed 18 years ago.
Look inside SS-18 ‘Satan’ Intercontinental Ballistic Missile – equipped with up to 10 warheads and 40 penaids – it used to give Soviet Union “first strike” advantage over the U.S. – it’s operating range 10,200-15,200 km, Weight 209,600 kg (462,000 lb) Length 32.2 m (106 ft) Diameter 3.05 m (10.0 ft).
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Centrally traveler’s hotel accommodation in Kiev|
|DEPARTURE TIME||You chosen the time departure in your booking. We recommend at 07:30am.|
|RETURN LOCATION||Tour ends with the hotel drop-off.|
|DURATION||10 hours. Full day tour.|
- Full-day trip with hotel pick-up and drop-off by car (up to 3 persons) – US$ 250
• Full-day trip with hotel pick-up and drop-off by minibus (up to 6 persons) – US$ 300
• Full-day trip with hotel pick-up and drop-off by minibus (up to 15 persons) – US$ 400
• Full-day trip with hotel pick-up and drop-off by bus (up to 30 persons) – US$ 450
• Full-day trip with hotel pick-up and drop-off by bus (up to 45 persons) – US$ 550
Language: Eng Ukr Rus