Visit the St.Sophia’s Cathedral and Golden Gate what are included to the World Heritage List of UNESCO.
Private Guide will meet you on Reception of the Hotel of your stay in Kiev. In case this time is not suitable for you please change it and inform us for the meeting. You are entering the St. Sophia’s Cathedral after the purchase the ticket itself at cashier desk.
Kiev’s oldest standing church, St.Sophia’s was built to commemorate the site of a victory of Kievan Rus over the Pechenegs (Asian nomadic tribes) and the glorify Christianity. It was named after the famous St. Sophia’s Cathedral in Constantinople. This majestic 13-cupola sanctuary adjoined Yaroslav’s Palace and become a holy place of worship for Kievites as well as a political and cultural center.
You will meet with an interior of rich frescoes and mosaics, many of which are still intact almost a millennium later, the cathedral made a huge impression on the ordinary worshippers of Kiev. The azure and while Bell Tower is 76 m high. The cathedral’s upper Ukrainian Baroque section and gilded cupola were added in 1852. The 18th century refectory houses a museum and contains archaeological artifacts and architectural displays, such as models depicting Kyiv as it looked before being by Mongol invaders in 1240.
After the visiting famous church you are welcome to expect no more interesting and well known Golden Gate what are located a few minutes in walking. Golden Gate, one of the most unique architectural and archaeological sites in Kiev. The remains of ancient Kiev’s mail gate were originally constructed during the height of the Kievan Rus and included on the UNESCO World Heritage list. Painstakingly planned by historians and architects, the bright new construction that entombs the ancient walls is considered an exact replica of the original gate.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Traveler’s centrally located Hotel or Apartment in Kiev.|
|DEPARTURE TIME||10:00am. Flexible. You chosen the time departure in your booking.|
|RETURN LOCATION||Tour ends at Downtown close to Golden Gate.|
- 3 hours guided Walking tour (up to 6 persons) — US$ 45
- 3 hours guided Walking tour (up to 15 persons) — US$ 60
• 3 hours guided tour with hotel pick-up and drop-off by car (up to 3 persons) – US$ 75
• 3 hours guided tour with hotel pick-up and drop-off by minibus (up to 6 persons) – US$ 110
• 3 hours guided tour with hotel pick-up and drop-off by minibus (up to 15 persons) – US$ 130
• 3 hours guided tour with hotel pick-up and drop-off by bus (up to 30 persons) – US$ 170
• 3 hours guided tour with hotel pick-up and drop-off by bus (up to 45 persons) – US$ 220
Language: Eng Ger Esp Fra Isp Port Pol Ukr Rus