Great tour with visit tree Museums located on the upper territory of Kiev Pechersk Lavra Monastery what function as museum. First visit the oldest Monastery – the Kiev Pechersk Lavra the most honor in the history of the Russian and Ukrainian orthodox churches, Assumption Cathedral, Trinity church with its baroque XVIII-th century interior, Refectory of the Church, Great Lavra Bell Tower 97 m. (316 feet), Metropolitan Home, then visit to the Caves where monks lived in XI-th century, and a few more sites.
The Galleries of the Caves nowadays contain holy relics of saint resting in their cypress-wood shrines under glass cover. The Caves have churches with bronze icon stands XI-th century Greek marble columns and cast-icon floor tiles. The Caves stretch for some 700 feet New and 900 feet Far caves.
Some buildings of the Lavra are museums today. Former bakery houses – Museum of Historical Treasures of Ukraine a collection of Scythian gold jewelry, Greek craftsmanship IV-th century, B.C., Hans’s and Goth’s jewelry, silver sacker objects such as icon and gospel mounts, tabernacles, crosses, oil lamps, etc.. One room has synagogues items. One of them is a 3-tier torah’s crown from the city of Zhitomir.
Mykola Syadristy Microminiatures Museum is equipped with microscopes to help visitors see well its super-small exhibits like a chessboard with chessmen on the top of the pin and a dead flea with golden shoes on its feet. Microminiatures have been made by Ukrainian crafts-man Nicholas Syadristy since early 1960-ies.
In extra you can visit the Museum of Book and Printing of Ukraine what located on the territory of Lavra.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Traveler’s centrally located Hotel or Apartment in Kiev|
|DEPARTURE TIME||10:00am. In case you have change the time You chosen the time departure in your booking|
|RETURN LOCATION||Tour ends in Downtown where the Lavra Monastery|
- 3 hours guided Walking tour (up to 6 persons) — US$45
- 3 hours guided Walking tour (up to 15 persons) — US$60
- 3 hours guided tour with hotel pick-up by car (up to 3 persons) – US$75
- 3 hours guided tour with hotel pick-up by minibus (up to 6 persons) – US$110
- 3 hours guided tour with hotel pick-up by minibus (up to 15 persons) – US$130
- 3 hours guided tour with hotel pick-up by bus (up to 30 persons) – US$150
- 3 hours guided tour with hotel pick-up by bus (up to 45 persons) – US$200
Language: Eng Ger Esp Fra Bol Cro Ukr Rus