There was a time when Babi Yar was just a deep ravine on the outskirts of Kiev. Occupying German forces changed all that September 1941 when they ordered 35000 of Kiev’s Jewish residents to gather their belongings and march to Babi Yar. Thinking they would be transported to another location, they did as they were told lined up along the ravine where Nazi firing squads proceeded to execute them. Their bodies were thrown into the ravine below. Throughout the Nazi occupation of Kiev, Babi Yar was used for mass killings. In all, over 100000 people including partisans and members of the underground, but mostly Jews, were killed here. In 1991, a monument was erected near the site. Guide will meet you on centrally meeting point or in the hotel and the tour will provided by the transportation around the city. In case you want to enjoy this tour by walk you will visit the places by the metro and trolleybus.
Tour is provided with visiting to the Museum of the World War II.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Traveler’s centrally located Hotel or Apartment in Kiev|
|DEPARTURE TIME||10:00am. Flexible. You chosen the time departure in your booking|
|RETURN LOCATION||Tour ends with the hotel drop-off|
- 3 hours guided Walking tour (up to 15 persons) — US$ 45
- 3 hours guided tour with hotel pick-up and drop-off by car (up to 3 persons) – US$ 75
- 3 hours guided tour with hotel pick-up and drop-off by minibus (up to 6 persons) – US$ 110
- 3 hours guided tour with hotel pick-up and drop-off by minibus (up to 15 persons) – US$ 130
- 3 hours guided tour with hotel pick-up and drop-off by bus (up to 30 persons) – US$ 150
- 3 hours guided tour with hotel pick-up and drop-off by bus (up to 45 persons) – US$ 200
Language: Eng Ger Esp Fra Bol Cro Ukr Rus