Explore the mysteries of the old Kiev street Andrew’s descent over the last 3 centuries and enjoy the atmosphere taking you back in history, as if travelling by the time machine. Usually Andrew’s descent is associated solely with the name of Mikhail Bulgakov, the world-famous writer, who lived in the descent in the building No.13. Actually, since the end of nineteenth century many prominent figures of the Ukrainian science and culture lived in this densely populated street. Now St. Andrew’s Descent is one of main tourist attractions in the capital of Ukraine. It looks like museum in the open air..
Permanent exposition of one the oldest streets in the city, connecting Upper town with Podil (lower town), settlement of merchants and craftsmen. A unique reflection of an old Kiev life style. Andreyevsky Spusk (eng: Andrew’s Descent ) is the city’s most panoramic street.
The first settlements were founded there more than three thousand years ago. This street is known as St. Andrew’s Descent too as it leads downhill from Old Kiev Hill to Lower Town Area. The historical name of descent was Borichev uzviz. Uzviz is Old Russian for descent. The modern name was provided at the end of 18-th century as St. Andrew’s Church was built there on the order of Russian Empress Elizabeth.
In this sightseeing tour, you will see the unmatched St.Andrew’s Church, Tithe Church, Historical Museum, Bulgakov’s relic, the original Richard the Lion Heart Castle, the Fountain of Samson, Kiev Academy, a lively market for art works and souvenirs, and many astonishing landscapes. The Podil district is very different from the main street Khreschatik which is dominated by the monumental architectural of the soviet period. A stroll through Podil’s narrow, quaint streets gives you sense of life in Old Kiev.
Route: Uptown-St.Andrew’s Church – Art Galleries and Gift Shops – M.Bulgakov Museum – Museum of One Street – Kontraktova Square – Podil.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Traveler’s centrally located Hotel or Apartment in Kiev|
|DEPARTURE TIME||10:00am. Flexible. You chosen the time departure in your booking|
|RETURN LOCATION||Tour ends with the hotel drop-off|
|DURATION||2 or 3 hours|
- 2 hours guided walking tour with hotel pick-up (up to 3 persons) — US$ 40
- 3 hours guided walking tour with hotel pick-up (up to 3 persons) — US$ 50
- 3 hours guided walking tour with hotel pick-up (up to 6 persons) — US$ 60
- 3 hours guided walking tour with hotel pick-up (up to 15 persons) — US$ 75
- 3 hours guided tour with hotel pick-up and drop-off by car (up to 3 persons) – US$ 75
- 3 hours guided tour with hotel pick-up and drop-off by minivan (up to 6 persons) – US$ 110
- 3 hours guided tour with hotel pick-up and drop-off by minibus (up to 15 persons) – US$ 140
- 3 hours guided tour with hotel pick-up and drop-off by bus (up to 30 persons) – US$ 160
- 3 hours guided tour with hotel pick-up and drop-off by bus (up to 45 persons) – US$ 200
Language: Eng Ger Esp Fra Bol Cro Ukr Rus